How to do the right things:
Transaction and investment support
Thailand warmly welcomes foreign investors to participate in the financing, construction, and operation of infrastructure and energy projects. Various government tenders offer regulated investment opportunities and foreign bidders have to follow strictly Thai laws and regulations for successful bids. Other, non-regulated investment opportunities require knowledge of the legal, regulatory and business environment as well as the link to local decision-makers, market players, and governmental agencies.
Beyond its legal and tax advice, the PUGNATORIUS group offers efficient transaction support services, market-entry advice and project management for foreign investments in Thailand. The local know-how to benefit from Thailand’s uniquely strategic location, its promoted and sometimes hidden industries, and its possibilities as a gateway into the heart of Asia – home to what is today the largest growing economic market.
Investment opportunities for foreign companies and developers
Foreign project developers, attracted by Thailand’s industries and people, see obvious investment opportunities in the hospitality, manufacturing, and service sector. Focal points are
- condominium and hotel developments in Bangkok, on the Thai islands, and in coastal regions,
- the development of renewable energy facilities by solar energy, wind farms and biomass plants,
- infrastructure developments in the Eastern Economic Corridor, the Thai Riviera/Royal Coast scheme and beyond, and
- ambitious industrial projects which are promoted under the label “Thailand 4.0” or “One belt, one road”.
However, there is a much greater scope of hidden investment chances which base on Thailand’s traditional strengths and benefits: The fertile countryside, agriculture, fishery and livestock, the pronounced service orientation of the people and Thailand’s central location in Southeast Asia.
Transaction support and legal project management
The PUGNATORIUS group offers professional assistance, advice, and support in Thailand in these steps:
- Monitoring and short-listing of current government procurement projects, purchasing of bidding documents and formal registration of bidder, support and assistance in the preparation and timely submission of bids and monitoring of the bidding process and Thai developments
- Research for and identification of investment opportunities which do not require a formal bidding process, business matchmaking with commercial and industrial customers, joint venture partners and market participants,
- The design and set-up of a solid investment structure, the accomplishment of legal requirements, completion of legal due diligence examinations, preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts and supporting documents, and an efficient tax structuring.
- Providing of a professional virtual data room, overall transaction support services, market-entry assistance, legal project management in Thailand and continuous reporting
The professional services accomplished by the Bangkok law firm do not include financial advice. The law firm is not licensed to provide financial advice.