The law firm’s non-public newsletter “Seven Opportunities” explains attractive investment opportunities for foreign companies. #seven
Foreign investment opportunities in Thailand
Thailand enjoys a strategic location and serves as a gateway into the heart of Asia – home to what is today the largest growing economic market. The country also offers convenient trade with China, India and the countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and easy access into the Greater Mekong Sub-region, where newly emerging markets offer great business potential.
Thailand warmly welcomes foreign investors to participate in the financing, construction and operation of infrastructure and energy projects. Various tender procedures will start in 2016 and foreign bidders have to follow strictly Thai laws and regulations for successful bids.
Current infrastructure projects
In 2016, the following infrastructure projects have been announced:
- Inter-city rail network: Development of double-track rail. Improved equipment and infrastructure (Volume US$ 14 billion)
- Transportation in Bangkok and its vicinity: 10 electric train routes. Buy 3,183 NGV buses and improve parking places. Development of road networks and bridges in Bangkok and its vicinity (volume US$ 21 billion)
- Highway network: Water transportation Improved access to agricultural and tourism areas. Network to production bases, link cities and international transportation. Improved road facilities to connect multi- channel transportation systems (volume US$ 15 billion)
- Water transportation: Development of ports. Improved efficiency of water transportation and maintained river banks (volume US$ 2.8 billion)
- Air transport: Improved efficiency of airports, air fleet and air traffic. Establishment of aircraft industrial estate. Construction of buildings for civil aviation (volume US$ 1.5 billion).
Details of investment opportunities are available in the messages on the right side and <here>
Legal assistance, tax structuring and legal project management
The law firm offers professional assistance, advice and support in Thailand in these steps:
- Monitoring and short-listing of current governmental procurement projects
- Purchasing of bidding documents and formal registration of bidder
- Support and assistance in the preparation and timely submission of bids
- Monitoring of the bidding process and Thai developments
- Accomplishment of legal requirements and efficient tax structure
- Overall legal project management in Thailand and continuos reporting