Transaction and investment support
Thailand enjoys a uniquely strategic location and serves as a gateway into the heart of Asia – home to what is today the largest growing economic market. The country also offers a convenient trade with China, India, the countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and an easy access into the Greater Mekong Sub-region, where newly emerging markets offer great business potential.
Thailand warmly welcomes foreign investors to participate in the financing, construction, and operation of infrastructure and energy projects. Various tender procedures offer regulated investment opportunities and foreign bidders have to follow strictly Thai laws and regulations for successful bids. Other, non-regulated investment opportunities require knowledge of the legal, regulatory and business environment as well as the link to local decision-makers, market players, and governmental agencies.
Investment opportunities for foreign companies and developers
Foreign project developers, attracted by Thailand’s industries and people, see obvious investment opportunities in the hospitality, manufacturing, and service sector. Focal points are
- hotel developments in Bangkok, on the Thai islands, and in coastal regions,
- the development of renewable energy facilities by solar energy, wind farms and biomass plants,
- infrastructure developments in the Eastern Economic Corridor and beyond, and
- ambitious industrial projects which are promoted under the label “Thailand 4.0”.
However, there is a much greater scope of hidden investment chances which base on Thailand’s traditional strengths and benefits: The fertile countryside, the pronounced service orientation of the people and Thailand’s central location in Southeast Asia.
Transaction support and legal project management
The law firm offers professional assistance, advice, and support in Thailand in these steps:
- Monitoring and short-listing of current government procurement projects
- Purchasing of bidding documents and formal registration of bidder
- Support and assistance in the preparation and timely submission of bids
- Monitoring of the bidding process and Thai developments
- The accomplishment of legal requirements and efficient tax structure
- Overall legal project management in Thailand and continuous reporting
The professional services accomplished by the Bangkok law firm do not include financial services and investment advice. The law firm is not licensed to provide financial advice.