Livestock investments in Thailand
Cattle, pigs, poultry, sheep, goats and more sustainable livestock investment opportunities in Thailand
Livestock are domesticated animals raised in an agricultural setting to produce commodities such as food, fiber, and labor. The term is often used to refer solely to those raised for food, and sometimes only farmed ruminants. The breeding, maintenance, and slaughter of these animals, known as animal husbandry, is a component of modern agriculture.
Thailand’s livestock is divided into roughly 6 million cattle (cows), 240 million chicken (broilers, poultry), 45,000 sheep, 8 million pigs (hogs), 7 million water buffalos and 400,000 goats. Thailand’s livestock economy still lags behind the international standards, nearly in each stage of the livestock value chain. Just as an example, most of the animals are sold to middlemen who then sell them to slaughterhouses. They are not sold directly to slaughterhouses by farmers because of Buddhist beliefs about bad karma arising from the killing of large animals.
Livestock are a key source of food for the world, making them a coveted investing product for some. The term “livestock” includes domesticated animals that are raised to produce various commodities. That list includes, but is not limited to pigs, cattle, chicken, and farmed fish among many others.
Legal support and assistance for innovative livestock ventures in Thailand
The law firm advises and assists foreign investors in Thai livestock, above all, in these steps:
- Legal aspects of the acquisition of livestock in Thailand or from abroad, including setting-up of an appropriate investment structure.
- Legal aspects of farmland and contractual arrangements with farmers and supporting staff.
- Acquisition of a cattle ranch, pig farm or chicken ranch.
- Development of a sophisticated keeping and breeding strategy and monitoring of continuous compliance with contractual obligations.
- Slaughtering. cutting, processing, and trade of milk, meat, and eggs.
- Export agreements to the investor’s home country, retail, and institutional and household consumption
Apart from agricultural investments, the livestock sector in Thailand is significant in importance to the wider economy. Investments in abattoir and processing facilities, commercial ranching and feedlot, butcher equipment and improved breeding services might benefit from governmental investment promotion.
PUGNATORIUS Ltd. appreciates discussing with foreign investors their willingness for agriculture and livestock investments in Thailand. Such an investment could be combined with a livestock crowdfarming venture.