Legal services on real estate acquisitions and developments
Real estate investments in Thailand seem to have a delusive easiness. However, the devil is in the details and each and every year hundreds of foreigners experience a total loss of their investment because they trusted on the advice and support by the wrong persons. The non-controversial negotiation of a property deal is an indication of an imperfect and asymmetrical information distribution to the disadvantage of the buyer.
The Bangkok law office advises on various property developments and has an extensive work-product archive for each type of private and commercial real estate project. The law firm developed specialized knowledge, know-how, and experiences regarding the proper licensing of new, but also of existing illegal property developments.
PUGNATORIUS Ltd. works with local law firms in several provinces as an extended arm while the law firms policies, decisions, and legal viewpoints are made in Bangkok. The typical foreign client of the law firm intentionally avoids lawyers who are too closely linked, connected and integrated into the local business environment.
Land acquisitions through a local corporation
Obtaining full ownership is the real thing and preferable in all and any property transactions. The law firm advises and assists international clients
- in the acquisition of villas or undeveloped land through a land holding Thai company. This requires sophisticated techniques to respect and obey the legal limitations under Thailand‘s foreigner legislation. To own land through a company is the traditional gold standard in Thailand and it is not required to be content with less.
- in the acquisition of condominium units, especially in cases of (i) off plan acquisitions when the unit is not yet registered at the land office, (ii) second-hand purchases, (iii) condo leasehold structures and (iv) distressed condo projects of various scope and size.
- in the preparation and accomplishment of property sales to foreign or Thai buyers
In Thailand, the correctness of the land titles (Chanote) and land office registrations is not guaranteed by anyone. The law firm has a special know-how regarding property due diligence investigations.
Leasing transactions and protected lease schemes
If it is not possible to obtain legal ownership, an alternative form of property investment is to rent the property on a long-term basis. The law firm advises
- foreign residents to negotiate and agree on beneficial lease agreements and, as the case may be, villa construction agreements and service contracts.
- resort and other property developers in the design of marketable lease arrangements, villa construction contracts and the comprehensive preparation of resort agreements for foreign residents.
- in the arrangement of a secured lease agreement, aka. protected lease scheme to secure the lessee‘s interest like a full owner of the property.
The law firm has a specific know-how in the design and registration of usufructs, superficies and other real rights resp. rights in rem.
Industrial estates, hotels, resorts, factories
The law firm is experienced with hotel developments, resort projects, factory constructions and other commercial property developments.
The law firms provides tax planning services to minimize the tax burden of the transaction, the ongoing tax obligations and the tax load of a later de-investment. Sophisticated solutions in a complex legal environment. Serious legal and tax advice in the land of smile. Secure your place in paradise.